Changes to come include:
- A new user friendly UI
- Emoji flags for supported languages ✅
- Removal of keyboard shortcuts ✅
- A fresh README ✅
If there are any ideas for Foreign Ipsum that you want to share please open an issue with your idea!
Generate text for your mockups in multiple languages.
- 🌍 Inspired by friends and family from around the world
- 💬 Based on languages spoken globally
- 🎉 Open source
- 🌊 If you like Foreign Ipsum please consider supporting me on Patreon
How to use Foreign Ipsum
- Create a text layer
- Leave the exit state
- Choose the layer in the side panel or by clicking on it
- Go to the Plugin Menu
- Choose Foreign Ipsum
- Select the language you want to fill the layer with and click on it
- You’re done 🎉
My family is extended across the globe. A major inspiration for Foreign Ipsum is my friends and family all over the world. I wanted to make a plugin which incorporated the languages they spoke so I sent them messages asking for random texts in the languages they knew. With their replies, Foreign Ipsum’s content is what they came back with.
Releases & Updates
- Initial release Thursday, April 6, 2017
- 1.0.1 Released Monday, April 17, 2017
- 1.0.2 Released Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Adding your language
Check the CONTRIBUTING file to see how you can add your language to Foreign Ipsum
- Yes, you can add to a language that already has something written for it.
Using Sketch Runner
With Sketch Runner, just go to the
install command and search for
Foreign Ipsum in Sketchpacks, install it directly by clicking here or clicking the badge below.
Download the zip file by clicking here or clicking on the green
Clone or download button at the top right of the repo.
Example Gif (Will be updated)
Writers & Supported Languages
Click here to expand and view writers and supported languages
Support Foreign Ipsum on Patreon to help development of this plugin continue strong. I create & work on open source projects such as Foreign Ipsum for free. If you or your company depend on this project, it makes sense to donate in order to help ensure that the project is maintained.
Licensed under the MIT License by Braxton Huff
Hopefully this code helps you out and treats you well! Cheers!